Heirloom Tomato & Zucchini Salad
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. MAKES: 12 servings
- 7 large heirloom tomatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), cut into wedges
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, parsley and tarragon
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, zucchini and peppers. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, sugar and salt until blended. Stir in herbs.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).